Can I change the layout of a Travel Book?

Yes, there are few things you can change in the layout of your Travel Book. Not familiar with what a Travel Book is? Please check this article before you continue. Now let's elaborate a bit on the concept of Travel Books. 

After you're back from your trip you can order an automatically generated Travel Book that holds all your travel info with the push of a button. No long nights behinds your computer selecting the best photos, coming up with stories, and determining your killer cover photo. Our generator does all of this for you in the blink of an eye. There are some things you can customize on the Travel Book though.

The things you're able to change or choose are:

  1. The cover photo of your Travel Book
  2. The order of photos in your Travel Book
  3. The title of your Travel Book
  4. The author name of your Travel Book
  5. Hide photos and/or entire steps from your Travel Book
  6. The color of your Travel Book
  7. The size of the photos in your Travel Book
  8. Show or hide step text in your Travel Book

Important: All other changes you would like to make, such as changing or adding photos and/or step text, should be done in your trip itself. The same goes for changing the name of a step.


1

The cover photo of your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Your trip > Trip settings > Change cover photo

Having a great cover photo really adds to your Travel Book experience. Feel free to take a moment and find your best photo. [read more]

2

The order of photos in your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Create Travel Book> Your step  > Long tap on the photo and move to a new position within the same Step

3

The title of your Travel Book 
Quick steps for changing trip name 👉🏻Your trip > Trip settings > Trip name
Quick steps for changing Travel Book title 👉🏻 Travel Book preview > Edit Travel Book > tap on Cover -> Edit TItle

The title of your Travel Book is based on your trip name. You can either change your trip name entirely or change only your Travel Book title in the "Edit Travel Book" page after having generated your personal Travel Book.

4

The author name of your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Travel Book preview > Edit Travel Book > tap on Title Page > Edit Book author

The author's name is based on your first and last name. When you for example travel with a group of people you might want to change the author of your Travel Book.

5

Hide photos and/or entire steps from your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Travel Book preview > Edit Travel Book > Photos 

Hiding photos is easy. Tap on the photo you want to deselect and deselect the toggle on the photo thumbnail to deselect a photo. The photo will be removed from that book page and moved to the bottom of your Step. This means that the photo will not be printed in the book. It will stay safely stored in your trip and thus won't be deleted from your trip. Don't forget to "Regenerate" to see what your changed Travel Book will look like.

To hide an entire step (including its photos and text) you can hit the blue toggle on that same page that appears right next to your step name.

6

The color of your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Travel Book preview > Edit Travel Book > Theme color -> Select your preferred color

There are 4 Travel Book colors to choose from. Forest Green - Ocean Blue - Sunrise Pink - Vulcanic Black

7

The size of the photos in your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Travel Book preview > Edit Travel Book > Photos 

On this screen, you can drag and drop photos to your Travel Book pages. The number of photos you place on a page determines the size of the photo(s). If you place one photo on a page then that photo will be printed as a full-page photo. Place two photos on a page and the page will show two photos. Not too difficult right? ;-). You can place a maximum of four photos on a page.

You can drag and drop photos into the right position or to a different page. Want for a photo to be displayed full page but you don't have an empty page? No worries: simply click on the blue + button to add a page to that step. 

8

Show or hide step text in your Travel Book
Quick steps 👉🏻Travel Book preview > Edit Travel Book > Book Settings > Show step text

This enables you to focus even more on the photos you took. Excluding step text from your Travel Book will also save up space in your book so more photos will fit in it.

Curious how many photos fit in your Travel Book?
Check out this article to see how to get the most photos in your book. If you have too many photos then click here if you're interested in having multiple books for 1 trip.