How do I add video to my trip?

Can I add a video to my trip?

Yes, you can! Here are some of the things you need to keep in mind when adding videos to your trip.

In this article

  • How can I add a video to my trip
  • Which video file formats are supported?
  • How long can my videos be?
  • How can I edit videos on Polarsteps
  • How many videos can I add to my trip?
  • Who can see my videos

How can I add a video to my trip?

  1. You can only add videos using our app, not our website, so start by opening the Polarsteps app.
  2. Open your trip.
  3. Open the Step you want to add a video to (or add a new step).
  4. Tap the 'Edit step' button.
  5. Tap the camera icon or 'Add photos and videos.' 

For iOS users:

  1. Select 'Choose from library.' 
  2. Now, find and select the videos you want to add from your iPhone's camera roll folders, as you would for photos.

    Note: You can also select and download videos from your iCloud via your camera roll. 

  3. Additionally, you can edit the length of your video before uploading it. Learn more here.
  4. Tap 'Done,' and you'll see your video added to your Step.

For Android users:

  1. Select locally stored videos from 'Suggestions' and/or 'Your library.'
  2. Note: For videos in the cloud, select 'More' and follow the instructions from your cloud app.
  3.  Additionally, you can now edit the length of your video before uploading it. Learn more here. 
  4. Tap 'Done,' and you'll see your video added to your Step.
Note: It's not yet possible to record your videos directly from our app. However, after you've selected a video from your phone's library or the cloud, you can edit the length of your video within the Polarsteps app. 

Which video file formats are supported?

You can add any .MOV and .MP4 video to your trip. At the moment, we do not support .pdf, .gif and .wav files.

How long can my videos be?

Videos can be anywhere between 3 and 60 seconds long.

How can I edit videos on Polarsteps?

  1. After you select a video from your library, you will see a preview in our video trimmer.
  2. Tap and drag the left or right end of the timeframe to shorten your video.
  3. If you want to maintain the length of the clip you have created but include a different part of the video, tap the time frame and drag it to the left or right accordingly.
  4. If your video is longer than 60 seconds, tap the time frame and drag it to the part of the video that you'd like to add. Remember, you can add as many videos as you want, so if you'd like to show more than 60 seconds, just select the same video a second time and choose a new time frame.

How many videos can I add to my trip?

There's no need to worry about the size of your videos, we'll compress anything you upload (while keeping it high-definition). 

Who can see my videos?

The same people who can see your trips! We have written a quick explanation about your [trips' privacy level here.]

Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.