I don't have a Polarsteps account: How can I follow someone's travels?

It is possible to follow someone on Polarsteps when you don't have a Polarsteps account or the Polarsteps app. 

In this article

I don't have a Polarsteps account: How can I follow someone's travels?

In this case, you will need the so-called ''secret link'' to the trip you want to view. 

This Secret Link can only be shared by the creator of the trip. Via this link, you can check out the trip without an account on Polarsteps or having to install the app. By clicking on the link, you can see the latest updates and whereabouts of the traveler. 

How to get the secret link?

So, ask the person whose trip you want to see very sweet and politely if you can have the secret link to his/her trip. 

For this the owner of the trip needs to:

  • Go to the trip
  • Settings
  • Share this trip

Can I get notifications of someone's trip without having a Polarsteps account?

No, this is not possible. In order to receive notifications, you actually need to create a Polarsteps account and you need to download the Polarsteps app. Click here to learn more about follower notifications.

Can I post comments on a trip without having an account?

No, you can't. In order to place comments, you need to have an account on Polarsteps. Click here to learn more about how following someone works.

I do have a Polarsteps account: How can I follow someone's travels?

  1. Go to a users profile
  2. Hit the ''Follow'' button

You do have a Polarsteps account and want to learn more about how to follow someone? Click here.