How can I export a copy of my data?

There are two ways in which you can pull your data out of Polarsteps:

  1. By creating a Travel Book
  2. By downloading a copy of your data

1. Create a Travel Book

After your trip is finished, you can easily generate a beautiful photo album that includes your route, stories, and the photos that you've posted in your trip. You can check out the details at  polarsteps.com/travel-book.

2. Download a copy of your data

We've built a self-service tool to offer people who have a Polarsteps account the opportunity to download their personal Polarsteps data. This tool is available by visiting your account settings page through our website at www.polarsteps.com.
Follow these steps to  download a copy of your Polarsteps data:
  1. Log in at www.polarsteps.com using a laptop or desktop computer
  2. Click at the top right of any Polarsteps page and select Account Settings.
  3. Scroll down to ''Download my data'' in the privacy section
  4. Click the blue link to "Download a copy of your data" 
  5. Click ''Start My Archive''.
Keep in mind that we have measures in place to help ensure the security of your information. We require you to confirm your identity to complete the download process. You will not be able to access the information until you have completed the security check. Also, please note that with the exception of your photos, your user data is exported in a machine-readable format (JSON), for which you will need to install JSON-reader in order to read it.
Did this answer your question? Thanks for the feedback There was a problem submitting your feedback. Please try again later.